Monday, December 3, 2012

Originality in Truth


I like this quote by C.S. Lewis:

“Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original. Whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring two pence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.” 

Just wanted to share that. Oh, and anyone need a commission? Website design? Portrait? Fantasy landscape? Or want to invest in a Children's Book of mine? Just checking. 

2 comments:

andreamichelle said...

That is one of my favorite quotes, it's one I heard when I was a kid and it's always stuck with me.

Brushdragon said...

Cool! I heard it from Jenedy back when we had painting class together. She quoted it to me. It's awesome you had such wisdom imparted to you at a young age. Thanks Andrea. Your awesome!