Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Starting Over

Dear 2018,

You offer a chance to start over.
Life in 2017 was cruel and kind.
Much that was precious to me I have lost.
Much I yet have has been kindly preserved.
Strong bonds were broken.
Strong bonds were tested.
Strong bonds were strengthened.

So much of life this year will have to start over.
Though I can barely imagine how.
But I have a year of kindness open before me.
One day, one moment at a time.

Time to weep.
Time to heal. 
Time to work.

Many years have passed.
Kids have grown.
Homes have moved. 
Dreams have risen and fallen.

Memories carried good and bad.
Memories forgotten.
Memories discovered.

You will offer more to me and mine.
We will often see and often be blind.
As we pass, so long as we are kind,
Some peace and hope may we find.

I am broken. Not much further to fall from here.
I seek for hope... that what is so broken will mend.
That the dark night will give way to the bright dawn.
That fear shall flee and faith and purpose grow.


Well... I am not ready to say more than that folks.

Later.

No comments: